Thursday, August 23, 2012

Let's start! Something easy. Sweet chili baked chicken!

 Sweet Chili Roasted Chicken

Welcome to the first recipe.  I wanted to start this off easy and work my way up.  All of my dishes ranges from quick fix meals in 30 minutes or creating plates from scratch including sauces.  The first one will be a quick fix.  Sweet Chili Chicken uses the Sweet Chili sauce that comes prepared in the bottle like the displayed picture below.  Very low on cost and adds so much flavor to any chicken. 


Have the chicken thawed out and placed in a mixing bowl.  I always like to rinse my chicken after thawing out.

 For six chicken legs I like to use half a table spoon of salt, half a table spoon of black pepper, four cloves of garlic minced up, and a teaspoon of some basil leaves flakes.  Mix together with hands to evenly spice the chicken legs leaving no area untouched. 


Lay the chicken across the baking dish.  I like to put a griddle screen in the baking dish so the chicken does not get oily in the cooking process.  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.


After the first 15 minutes of putting the chicken in you lower the temperature down to 400.  Cook until golden brown on the outside.  I like to turn the chicken once when I see it's starting to get that golden color and cook for another five to ten minutes.  Once the chicken is cooked, you want to pulled out the baking dish so you can apply the sweet chili sauce.  Pour some sauce into a small bowl and apply a thick coating over the chicken.  Turn off the oven completely but while it's still hot put the chicken back into the oven so it can warm up the sauce.  Once you take it back out serve on a plate and BAM!  You got yourself an amazing entree which is quite, easy, and can be very impressive if done correctly.


Enjoy with a glass of white wine.  I prefer a sauvignon blanc or a white zinefindel.  Of course you can add more to make this a meal.  Sauteed veggies and rice.  I'll show that in a later post.  This was a quick and easy recipe for a an easy and delicious chicken dish.  Cooking with soul.  And on that note, I'd like to end with a soulful track from one of my favorites - Erykah Badu 's "Bag Lady."  This song reminds me to relax sometimes in this tough society and the race to make more money because that stress can become baggage. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SavBYLc7Og

2 comments: